Pinot Noir is a little like that old boyfriend whose memory you can’t seem to shake. Sure, you’ve moved on – you’re TOTALLY into Rhones, now – but you’d be lying if you said you don’t reminisce about Pinot
all the time every now and then.
And what makes Pinot Noir the obsessor’s wine of choice? This is a well-worn question. Pinot is notoriously difficult to grow and vinify, and what’s worse, it rarely comes out of the bottle as anything better than average. But when it does? Oh, baby. It’s sort of like flying first class. Once you do it, you can never go back to coach. The food-friendliness and endless complexity of this variety are simply unsurpassed.
So in the spirit of obsession, we at PSPR have compiled a list of festivals for the Pinot-lovers among us. Happy sipping!
- Pinot Noir Summit, San Francisco, CA
Held in early March.
- World of Pinot Noir, Pismo Beach, CA
March 4-6, 2011
- Pinot Paradise, Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA
March 26-27, 2011
- Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Festival, Philo, CA
May 20-22, 2011
- Marin County Pinot Noir Celebration, Larkspur, CA
June 12, 2011
- Pinot and Paella, Templeton, CA
June 5, 2011
- Pinot Days, Fort Mason, San Francisco, CA
June 18, 2011
- Pinot on the River, Healdsburg, CA
October 23, 2011
- International Pinot Noir Celebration, McMinnville, OR
July 29-31, 2011
- ¡Salud! Pinot Noir Auction, Oregon
November 11-12, 2011
- Hospices de Beaune, Burgundy, France
- Central Otago Pinot Noir Festival, Queenstown, New Zealand
End of January
- Pinot Noir New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand
- Mornington Peninsula Pinot Noir Festival, Melbourne Australia